7:30 or 17:00 (16:00)
Sunday and holidays:
7:30, 11:00, Czarna 9:30
The Greek Catholic Parish Church of St. Michael the Archangel in Brunary Wyżne
gmina: Uście Gorlickie
obiekt wpisany na listę światowego dziedzictwa UNESCO
|The Greek Catholic Parish Church of St. Michael the Archangel in Brunary Wyżne (currently the Roman Catholic Parish Church of the Assumption of the BVM) dates from 1797. The building, despite later alterations, has retained the most important features of a West Lemko church. The interior is capped by a flat ceiling with cornices. The polychrome decoration, which has rococo-classical architectonic and floral motifs, was carried out by Antoni and Józef Bogdański in 1898. Fragments of older baroque polychrome work from the end of the C18th are visible in the nave. The C18th baroque iconostasis was repainted during repair work in 1831.