The Greek Catholic church of St. Demetrius in Czarna
gmina: Uście Gorlickie
|The Greek Catholic church of St. Demetrius in Czarna (currently a Roman Catholicchurch of the Virgin Mary of Perpetual Help) was erected in 1764 and reconstructed in thefirst half of the 1800s. It is a north-western Lemko church, tripartite, oriented (its presbytery faces east), with log framework construction. Its pillar-framework tower includes a church porch. The roofs and the bulbous domes with false lanterns topping them are covered with sheet metal. The interior features polychrome decoration of the first half of the 1800s. The most valuable fittings are an iconostasis (1700s) and a baroque altarpiece with an icon of the Virgin Mary with the Child (the Hodegetria, Mary who show us the way) of the early 1600s.