Sundays and holidays:
7:30, 11:30, 16:00
The Parish Church of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary in Biórkow Wielki
Local government: Koniusza
|The Parish Church of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary in Biórkow Wielki dates from 1633 and was consecrated in 1664. The parish is recorded since the C14th, with two previous churches having burnt down. The church was built using log construction with vertically boarded and moulded walls. The nave and chancel are covered by independent shingled roofs. Towards the end of the C18th a baroque spire and bell turret were added. The décor and fittings of the church are from the end of the C18th. The 1779 main altar contains a painting showing the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary. The pulpit and font date from the end of the C18th.