Sundays and holidays:
The Greek Catholic Parish Church of St. Cosmas and St. Damian in Banica
gmina: Uście Gorlickie
|The Greek Catholic Parish Church of St. Cosmas and St. Damian in Banica near Izby (currently a Roman Catholic Parish Church) was built around the middle of the C18th. The current church – already the fourth on this spot – was reshaped by the West-Lemko tradition of religious architecture. The walls are log and covered by shingles. The interior was painted a uniform blue in the C19th. The fittings consist of a rococo iconostasis from 1757 or 1787, a main canopy altar in the chancel which dates from the first half of the C19th, and two baroque side altars in the nave. The southern side altar contains a painting of The Assumption of the BVM from the beginning of the C19th.